7 Quick Takes
1. Patience is a virtue. Seriously. Sometimes, we want things to hurry up. We want to get from point A to point B without the wait, the struggle, the pain, or the aggravation. How often do we forget that struggle and pain is worth offering up to God? His plans for us are beyond us, and only He knows what the future holds. We must be patient with Him, as He is always patient with us.
2. There seems to be something changing going on. Latin masses are popping up now! How exciting! There is one close by, as one of the other members has mentioned. I’m really excited to see these masses coming back. It is in our hopes that there will be a Latin Mass at every parish. The younger generations are seeking this orthodoxy in particular. Team Orthodoxy gives a thumbs up!
3. World Youth Day photos are flooding the internet. I have never been before, but I hope one day I may get the opportunity to attend such a beautiful event. Many people seem to think that all young people are falling away from the faith. I can only use a meme to express my feelings towards that assumption.
4. Distance is a part of life. Sometimes, we can’t see those we love all the time. Sometimes, we don’t hear from people for weeks or months. It’s sometimes really sad to have to endure these things. I am reminded, though, of how God must feel when His children do the same thing to Him. He is so incredibly loving to all His children, and with such love does He want us to be with Him all the time.
5. Steubenville!!! Nuff Said.
6. The road is narrow. He who wishes to travel it more easily must cast off all things and use the cross as his cane. In other words, he must be truly resolved to suffer willingly for the love of God in all things. -St. John of the Cross
7. Number 7. Jam with me and dance because it’s Friday
Be sure to check out the blog of the wonderful Jennifer Fulweiler, the creator of 7 Quick Takes Friday. You can find her blog at Conversion Diary.