7 Quick Takes
1. I’ve been spending more time reading my Bible. I think I mentioned this in my last 7QT. It’s been going very well. When I read the Gospels, I really do learn more about Christ. The simplest things he says at times can go right over our heads, but when you really meditate on them, you can see just what Jesus not only said, but what he is currently saying in that present moment to us.
2. I’m going to my first Steubenville Conference in a few weeks! I never planned on going only because I wasn’t sure about money. However, I decided to go because I really should stop say “I’ll do it another day”. Anyway, I’m super excited and hope to see some of you there!
3. I’m really working hard to get back into my creative zone. It’s been a tough and emotional few weeks, so I really wasn’t all there for writing or drawing or paintings. However, things are looking brighter and I have finally managed to get some artwork done and some writing too.
4. My Grandma Eve has been declining. Her mind has been fading. I have never really experienced something like this before. I remember what she was like back when I was in high school I remember she would be in her apartment and hum and sing when she was just moving about. Now she is in a nursing home, and keeps to her room almost all day. She sees things, and is often paranoid. The other day, my other grandmother, my mother, and I visited her. Most of the time we were there she starred out the door, claiming there was a horse in the hallway. I can’t imagine what it must be like for her. I pray for her and all those affected by dementia. I also pray for their families, that they will always show compassion to their aging relatives, no matter what state they are in.
5. I’ve decided that for FanExpo, I am going to be Lady Amalthea. IF any of you have read or watched The Last Unicorn, you know who I am talking about.
6. Just thought I’d let you all know that we are halfway through 2013. Wow! It’s been a pretty intense year!
7. I’m running out of things to discuss. That being said, here is a quote : “The World is a book, and those who do not travel only read a page.”- St.Augustine
Have a Great Weekend!