Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes About Mary
May is the month of Mary. So, in celebration , here are some top ten quotes about Mary, our Mother! Let us truly get to know her, this month and take her words to heart as she tells us to listen to follow her Son.
1. ” Here am I, servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” – Our lady speaking to Gabriel (Luke 1:38)
2. “My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
for he has looked with favour on the lowliness of his servant.
Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for the Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
His mercy is for those who fear him
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm;
he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts.
He has brought down the powerful from their thrones,
and lifted up the lowly;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
and sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
according to the promise he made to our ancestors,
to Abraham and to his descendants for ever.”
– Marys song of Praise ( Luke 1:46-55)
3. “Do whatever he tells you.” – Mary speaking to the servants at the Wedding at Cana, John 2:5
4. “I am the Immaculate Conception.” -Our Lady of Lourdes, March 25, 1858
5.“Let not your heart be disturbed… Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything.” – Our Lady of Guadalupe to Juan Diego
6. “Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.”– Saint Maximilian Kolbe
7. “She is more Mother than Queen.”-Saint Therese of Lisieux, Doctor of the Church
8.”All my own perception of beauty both in majesty and simplicity is founded upon Our Lady.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
9. The Blessed Virgin Mary is born to be Mother. The supreme consolation that Our Lady receives at the foot of the cross of her Son is the assurance that her vocation as Mother does not end with Christ’s death. The Lord commands the world, Behold your Mother.” The resurrection begins for Mary – and for us – with these words. The Blessed Virgin’s womb remains for ever fruitful. Mary leads us to Christ, but Christ leads us back to his Mother, for without Mary’s maternity, Jesus would become a mere abstraction to us. The Lord wills to “let his face shine upon” us through the face of the Mother of God. We “serve a Mother who seems to grow more beautiful as new generations rise up and call her blessed. – G.K. Chesterton
10. Mary has the authority over the angels and the blessed in heaven. As a reward for her great humility, God gave her the power and mission of assigning to saints the thrones made vacant by the apostate angels who fell away through pride. Such is the will of the almighty God who exalts the humble, that the powers of heaven, earth and hell, willingly or unwillingly, must obey the commands of the humble Virgin Mary. For God has made her queen of heaven and earth, leader of his armies, keeper of his treasure, dispenser of his graces, mediatrix on behalf of men, destroyer of his enemies, and faithful associate in his great works and triumphs.” -Saint Louis Marie de Montfort, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,
Posted on May 21, 2013, in Apologetics, Beauty, Blessed Virgin Mary, Catholic, Devotion, Love, mother, Saints, St. Louis de Montfort, True Devotion to Mary and tagged blessed mother, Blessed Virgin Mary, Mary, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Lourdes, saint. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.