Top Ten Tuesday – Pope Quotes
Happy Tuesday everyone! This week, I am sharing with you 10 Pope quotes (in no particular order) that I really love. These are not only insightful, but are especially a call to holiness and true charity for all of us.
1. “Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists.” Pope St. Pius X
2. You must strive to multiply bread so that it suffices for the tables of mankind, and not rather favor an artificial control of birth, which would be irrational, in order to diminish the number of guests at the banquet of life. Pope Paul VI
4. Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church is often labeled today as fundamentalism. Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, look like the only attitude acceptable to today’s standards. Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
5. Peace on Earth—which man throughout the ages has so longed for and sought after—can never be established, never guaranteed, except by the diligent observance of the divinely established order. – Blessed Pope John XXIII
6. “Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” St. Peter
7. “Francis of Assisi tells us we should work to build peace. But there is no true peace without truth! There cannot be true peace if everyone is his own criterion, if everyone can always claim exclusively his own rights, without at the same time caring for the good of others, of everyone, on the basis of the nature that unites every human being on this earth.” Pope Francis
8. Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought. Blessed Pope John Paul II
9. “If you want peace, work for justice.” Pope Paul VI
10. “Truth is not determined by a majority vote.” Pope Benedict XVI
Posted on March 26, 2013, in Catholic, Top Ten and tagged Blessed Pope John Paul II, Blessed Pope John XXIII, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Pope Paul V, Pope Quotes, Pope St. Pius X, St. Peter, Top ten. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.