TOP TEN TUESDAYS – Writings of Blessed Pope John Paul II
It has been awhile since we did a Top Ten Tuesday. In honor of the people returning to school this week, I thought it would be important to give what I consider a syllabus of writings from Blessed Pope John Paul II. JPII has had a serious impact on my spiritual growth. Even as a teen, I would read every encyclical and apostolic letter that I could find. I really love this Blessed man. These are some of my favorite General Audiences, Apostolic letters and exhortations, and encyclicals. Enjoy.
1. The Theology of the Body– JOHN PAUL II’S GREATEST WORK ON HUMAN SEXUALITY IN THE CONTEXT OF GOD’S PLAN
2. Love and Responsibility – TRUE LOVE AND ITS DEMANDS
3. Ecclesia de Eucharistia – ON THE EUCHARIST IN ITS RELATIONSHIP TO THE CHURCH
4. Fides et Ratio – ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FAITH AND REASON
5. Redemptoris Mission – ON THE PERMANENT VALIDITY OF THE CHURCH’S MISSIONARY MANDATE
6. Christifideles Laici – ON THE VOCATION AND THE MISSION OF THE LAY FAITHFUL IN THE CHURCH AND IN THE WORLD
7. Catechesi Tradendae – ON CATECHESIS IN OUR TIME
8. Vita Consecrata – ON THE CONSECRATED LIFE AND ITS MISSION IN THE CHURCH AND IN THE WORLD
9. Novo Millennio Ineunte – AT THE CLOSE OF THE GREAT JUBILEE OF THE YEAR 2000
10. Mane Nobiscum Domine – FOR THE YEAR OF THE EUCHARIST
See you next week folks!