Top Ten Tuesdays- Catholic Pick-Up Lines
Ahh summertime. People say that summer is the season of love. Just look around and you’ll see it. Look at how plentiful weddings are during the summertime. After spending a week at the Alive Christian Music Festival, watching all the teens hanging around with their significant others (instead of watching the greats like Phil Keaggy), I was reminded about courtship and dating in the Catholic context. So many young catholics these days are struggling to find that special someone. Devin Rose over at St. Joseph’s Vanguard wrote a recent blog on this topic for single Catholic men, which I think is great, however one central point was missing (SARCASM ALERT) that is part of the art of the Catholic pursuit, and that is the great “pick up line”. So here are some top ten catholic pick up lines that I’m sure will break the ice.
10. If I march around you 7 times will you fall for me? – Submitted by Natalie
9. You don’t like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common! – Submitted by Francois
8. Your as lovely as a rose, you must be my answer to the novena I was praying to St. Therese of Lisieux
7. Haven’t I seen your face on a Holy Card somewhere? – Submitted by Natalie
6. Hey, confess here often? – Submitted by Stephanie
5. If I had a bead for every time I thought of you I would have a
4. Thumbing a rosary: “How ‘bout joining me for a few decades?” – Submitted by Jenn
3. I have a 15 seater van, do you want to help me fill it up? – Submitted by Maggie
2. I feel like Zechariah, because you leave me speechless – Submitted by Shawn
1. If loving you is a heresy, then let me be anathema – Submitted by Steve
If you anyone gets the opportunity to use any of these in real life, please leave a comment below, or shoutout to us on Twitter or Facebook. I hope you enjoyed this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. We’ll see you next week.